CARDAMOM BUNDT CAKE
2 cups flour
2 tbs ground cardamom
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
confectioner's sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 10" bundt pan.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cardamom in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Mix in sour cream. Add eggs one at a time, and stir in vanilla.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl to mix evenly.
- Scrape batter into bundt pan and smooth the top with a utensil. Bake until golden brown and when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 - 45 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn out cake onto a wire rack and allow to cool further.
- Sprinkle confectioner's sugar atop cake to decorate.